Friday 4 October 2013

REVIEW: Kiehl's Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado


 

~MG~



Halfway through with my second jar of Kiehl's 'Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado'. After my first jar, I went eyecream hunting, tried a few other eyecreams from different brands but none treats me better than Kiehl's 'Creamy Eye Treatment'. 

The three main ingredients in this eye cream is surprise, surprise... avocado oil, beta-carotene and shea butter. Prior to using this eye cream, I was hesitant of the avocado oil and shea butter because I was afraid that it might be too heavy and oily for my under-eyes and eyelids. It will be a nightmare having milia, which actually did came true but thankfully not with my trusty Kiehl's. 

Just some quick facts about the 3 big ingredients: 
1) Avocado oil is the most moisturizing of any fruit oil which is perfect for dry under-eyes because it will help to restore the natural moisture of the skin. 
2) Beta-Carotene is an antioxidant found in many orange/red vegetables such as carrots, hence the its name is similar to Carrot.
3) Next is Shea butter who is no stranger to lotions and cleansing product because of its hydrating properties. It protects skin from dehydration, restores skin suppleness and improves the dry under-eyes.

I really like this eye cream. It does not cause milia. It hydrates my under-eyes and eyelids. It does not migrate into my eyes. The texture is good, not sticky or greasy. It sip into my skin fairly fast. No scent which is good for our sensitive eye areas. The colour is green which is my favourite colour. The price is good. However, one thing that I hate about this eye cream is its packaging. Since it is packaged in a jar, you will need to dip your finger in every single time you use it, yikes! Despite the fact of the 'Creamy Eye Treatment' packaging, I will not stop me from bringing it home again!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment