Thursday 24 April 2014

REVIEW: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

~AG~



It has a sweet fruity scent. The foundation is very lightweight and blends easily. The shade matches my skin perfectly. It has more of a beige undertone that I find flattering for my light-medium Asian skin tone. The foundation also does not oxidize to an unflattering shade. I find that it stayed true to the colour throughout the day. The only thing bad I have to say about this foundation is the fact that it has very little coverage. On days when I need more coverage, a concealer is needed on top of the foundation. 



I've tried applying the foundation with: 1) my fingers, 2) a makeup sponge, and 3) a foundation brush.

What I have to say about each method:
Applying Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation with my fingers is the fastest and easiest way to apply it. When I first tested it, I find that it has a similar texture to that of BB cream. That is why I decided to try using my fingers to apply it. If you are in a rush and just need minimal coverage, this is the best way. 

The second method, using a makeup sponge, this is my least favourite method. Because I find that a good amount of foundation is absorbed by the sponge and goes to waste. Using a makeup sponge does give a more even coverage, but I am not willing to waste any foundation, especially if it is a more expensive one.

The third method, using a foundation brush. I usually put some foundation on the back of my hand, and then use my foundation in a criss-cross motion to pick up the product. Then I apply the foundation from the centre of my face working towards the edge. I focus on the areas around my nose and chin were I am more prone to redness and pigmentations. Usually after this, I notice that there is some criss-cross lines on my face because of the foundation brush bristles. So I usually go over with a sponge to even it out. 

Overall, I still like this foundation and will definitely recommend me to my friends, especially for those that do not like foundations that feel heavy on the skin. 

My previous quick overview of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation.
NEW BUY: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment