Tuesday 7 October 2014

REVIEW: KeraStraight Straight Maintain Shampoo

~AG~

Straight Maintain Shampoo has been developed to ensure you enjoy maximum benefits and longevity from your KeraStraight Treatment. This gentle shampoo, which can be used daily, is free from the aggressive ingredients sulphate and sodium chloride and contains our exclusive KS Complex to reinforce the seal of the treatment within your hair, providing longer lasting smoothness. 
 
Gilbert @ Kenaris Salon recommended this KeraStraight Straight Maintain Shampoo for my after-care. When I asked him whether I need to buy the conditioner, he said that I could just use my regular one. What is special about this shampoo is that it is sulphate and sodium chloride-free. These harsh ingredients strip the keratin of the treatment. Thus, to lengthen the effects of your keratin treatment, you will need to use the special shampoo. It costs S$49. It is pricy for a bottle of shampoo. But if it is effective and can maintain the result of the keratin treatment, it would be all worth it.

After using this shampoo four times. Here are a few things I have to say about it:
The first thing that I noticed about this shampoo is that it does not foam up at all. So, it needs a little getting used to. Even when you rinse it off, there is not much foam. It is very difficult to apply the shampoo evenly. I find that I have to use more than the normal amount of shampoo to wash my hair. My normal shampoo amount is 50 cents-coin for my shoulder length hair. But now I find that I have to use triple that amount. For such an expensive shampoo, I had expected to use less shampoo to achieve a good cleaning result. The packaging is not travel-friendly. The cap popped open twice during my travel, resulting in 20% loss of the shampoo quantity. Such a pain! The scent of the shampoo is unpleasant. It smells somewhat like coconut, but is more musky. I don't like it at all!

Previously, I had also use another shampoo specially designed for keratin-treated hair. Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo but did not have issues with it lathering evenly. Plus, it smells wonderful.


After the three months or so after my keratin treatment wears off, I will not use Kerastraigh Straight Maintain Shampoo anymore. I will go back to my Essential Shampoo.
For those of you who have had keratin treatment done, I recommend the Acai Anti-Frizz Shampoo instead.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment