Wednesday 20 May 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 1

~AG~

My skin has been in a horrendous condition since about a month and half ago. At first, I thought my bad skin will go away on its on. But it has persisted!! 
Due to the constant travelling, my skin is suffering from breakouts in the T-zones area. Previously, I would only have to endure breakouts during the time of the month. However, pimples keeping appearing daily. Several family members and friends have commented on my breakouts, it has made me super self-conscious. 

Pimples on my T-zones
 The area between my brows have many small blind pimples.
 
Redness around the nose area with whitehead pimple on my upper lip
 
After much hesitation, I decided to consult a dermatologist. Over-the-counter acne treatments did not seemed to work for me. Clay cleanser and pimple treatments did not reduce the acne outbreak. The reason I was initially hesitant with visiting a dermatologist is due to its expensive price! The last time I spent over S$1k on Dr. Joyce Lim for over six months, and did not experience much improvements. Having paid that much for her products and patiently waiting for results, I was sorely disappointed when it did not work for my skin. Please click on the link for more details on my experience with Dr. Joyce Lim's products.  Dr. Joyce Lim Last Review 

Anyway, I decided to go to the popular DRx Clinic. There were many online reviews on the clinic, though mostly are sponsored. The reason why I decided to try this clinic out is because I had previously used their DRx clay mask and found it to be good. 

Dr. Tsu was my consulting doctor. He mentioned that my skin is suffering breakouts due to hormonal issues related to travelling. According to him, travelling takes atoll on the body and causes stress. The stress hormones exacerbate the sebaceous glands causing it to overproduce oil and clog the pores. He also advised me to reduce my intake of dairy products and sweet food. Oh my..... I am such a sweet tooth, how to resists chocolate or cakes?!?

This is the regimen he recommended for me. It is WAaaaaY more than my usual skincare routine. But I hope the money and effort will be worth it. 


Step 1: Milk Cleanser (S$45) --> to gentle cleanse sunscreen & makeup without stripping the skin surface of its natural protective lipids

Step 2: Foaming Cleanser (S$40) --> for thorough cleaning 

Step 3: Toner (S$40) --> to double clean skin 




Step 4: Comedone Formula (S$89) --> to regulate sebum production, and minimise pores

Step 5: Blemish Formula (S$85) --> to clear acne bacteria

Step 6: Max-C (S$158) --> an antioxidant to counteracts free radicals and brighten skin tone. 


Step 7: Hydrator (S$70) --> water-based moisturiser



Step 8: Acne Spot Lotion (S$30) --> antibiotic medicine for pimples

Step 9: Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30+ (S$58) --> non-oily tinted sunscreen



The entire skincare routine above takes about 30 minutes. It is definitely more time-intensive compared to my usual regimen. But I hope the products works for my skin, and that there will be no allergic reactions. Wish me luck!!!! *cross my fingers*

My follow-up appointment with Dr. Tsu is in six weeks. I hope my skin has improved by then. 
I will update you all on my skin condition. Please stay tuned for my acne war journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment