Wednesday 17 June 2015

DRX Clinic Journey Part 2 (3 Weeks After)

~AG~

So, I have been solely on DRX skincare regimen for over three weeks now.  What can I say about it?

My skin condition has improved. Though, I would not say that my skin is at its best condition.
However, I will attribute that to the constant travelling and lifestyle choices such as food intake.  

As recommended by Dr. Tsu, I tried my best to cut down on dairy products and sugar. Milk and yogurt that were consumed frequently before, have been reduced to less than once a week. For me to cut down sugar, it has been a torturous process. All my friends know me for having a SWEET tooth. I also tried my best to avoid pastries, ice cream and chocolate. Honestly, the reduction of dairy products and sugar intake has helped improve my skin condition. Yes, it is very very difficult. But it is WORTH it!


There are still some pimples on my T-zones especially between my eyebrows

Some pimple scarring below my nose and on my forehead due

As you can see, tiny pimples between my eyebrows

Regarding the regimen, it takes me minimum 30-40 minutes to complete all the steps below:

1) Milk Cleanser - This product is used to remove sunscreen and makeup. I massage a 50-cent amount onto my whole face including the eye area. Sometimes, I find that it stings my skin a little. So, I am careful to not leave it on for too long. I wipe off the milk cleanser with a cotton pad then proceed to wash it with water.

2) Cleanser - Regular facial cleansing. My skin does not feel tight after washing it.

3) Toner - Use a cotton pad to apply it throughout my face. I <3 when there are residue found on the cotton pad, means that the toner is doing its job. The toner does not dry out the skin, but leaves the skin feeling fresh.

4) Comodone Formula - It is a light liquid that I apply only to the T-zones area. I only use half a pump to a pump because it can cause my skin to be over drying.

5) Blemish Formula- A more gel-like liquid that I apply to any whiteheads and pimples.

6) Max-C - Apply it to the whole face, not forgetting the neck area. I usually use 3 half a teardrop pumps for the whole face. My sensitive skin has not had any adverse reaction to it.

7) Hydrator - This moisturizer reminds me of Laneige Water Bank Essence. I think it has something to do with the scent. It has a fresh oceanic scent. It keeps my skin hydrated. I usually use 2 pumps for my whole face, but use an extra pump on dry patches.

8) Acne Spot Lotion (ASL) - The packaging is problematic. It causes me to squeeze out too much product, which is such as waste. The solution has a sulphuric scent. It does help to reduce whitehead pimples significantly. I use it only at night, and try not to use it everyday, since it can be drying.

9) Tinted Sunscreen SPF 30+ - My least favourite product out of the DRX range. Why you ask me? Because it causes your face to look very oily. Because it is a tinted sunscreen, it has a shiny look. The scent of the sunscreen is similar to plastic, which I find awful.

I will continue on this skincare regimen and update you all after my follow-up appointment with Dr. Tsu. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment