Thursday 17 March 2016

REVIEW: Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

~AG~

The popular Black Sugar Mask Wash Off from Skinfood. This was one of my must-buy while in Seoul, Korea. This mask was discounted and retailed at KRW 6,540 ($7.50). That is a good price for 100g of product. Previously, I have tried Skinfood's other best-selling wash off mask, Rice Mask Wash Off. This time, I decided to try Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off because it has a greater exfoliating properties, as the sugar components are more coarse. It also contains macadamia seed oil, shea butter and meadowfoam seed oil, which have moisturising properties. 
It comes with a spatula for convenience (not pictured)

A mask that contains mineral-eniched Brazilian black sugar that promotes smooth and glowing skin. My skin was really dry after my trip from Seoul, Korea. The subzero temperature plus the harsh winds caused my skin to be rough and flaky.  *thumbs down* I figured that this will be the best time to try a facial scrub. My hope was that my facial skin will be visibly smoother after the exfoliation of rough skin surface. 
Applied a generous layer of the mask, and left it on for 10 minutes
 
You can see the black sugar resulted in this mask turning brown

After cleansing the face, I apply a generous amount of Skinfood Black Sugar Mask on damp skin. The mask surprisingly does not have a strong sweet scent, but a dominant citrus scent. The sugar grains are more coarse than the rice grain of Skinfood Rice Mask Wash Off, but it is more gentle than St.Ives Apricot Facial Scrub. On sensitive areas such as the cheeks, I mixed the face mask with more water, to make the sugar grains less harsh. After gently scrubbing the face mask all over the face, I left the scrub on for 10 minutes. Finally, I rinsed off this face scrub with lukewarm water. My skin felt immediately smoother after use. The morning after, my skin still felt smooth and there was no adverse reaction from the mask. No bumps, new pimples or redness were noticed. My sensitive skin did not show any sign of irritation! Yay! I also noticed that the blackheads on my nose were significantly reduced. *clap clap* This mask also has moisturising properties though it is more effective to apply a hydrating sheet mask to lock in the moisture after applying this facial scrub. Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off has become my skincare staple. It has the right amount of exfoliating properties to gently scrub the dead skin cells and impurities, and yet is not too harsh for the skin. Another bonus about this Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is that it is affordable. $7.50 for 100 grams of product that should lasts me for at least 3 months, with weekly use. 
A highly recommended product to purchase while in Seoul, Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment