Thursday 14 July 2016

REVIEW: DRX Clinic Journey Part 9


 
My skincare regimen steps
~AG~

This is an update of my skin condition. About a month ago, I stopped taking the oral medication, Spironolactone. Six weeks prior to discontinuing the medication, Dr. Tsu reduced my daily dosage by half. For the record, I was on Spironolactone for 10 months, taking two tablets once a day. Even after the discontinuation of Spironolactone, my skin has been relatively stable. There is the usual breakouts during the time of the month, but nothing too uncontrollable. Overall, I am confident with my skin again. My current skincare regimen: 

Avène Cleanance Cleansing Gel
-- This cleansing gel by Avène works great for sensitive, combination skin. The fresh scent is wonderful. Plus, this foaming face wash does not dry out my skin.

Derma-RX Toner

-- My second most favourite product from Derma-RX product. It helps to keep my skin under control. Rich with AHAs, this toner maintains skin balance and gently exfoliates the skin. 

Comodone Formula

-- This product is Cleo Beauty Hall of Fame 2015 Best Pore Reducer. Dr. Tsu highly recommended that I use this Comodone Formula twice a day. I only this Comodone Formula to my T-zones area, less than a pea-sized amount. Dr. Tsu said that Comodone Formula helps "softens" the whiteheads and blackheads. It contains natural fruit enzymes to keep sebum, whiteheads and blackheads under control.

Blemish Formula

-- On days where I think my skin is good, I skip the Comodone Formula and just apply this Blemish Formula. This botanical formula helps to decongest clogged pores and control excess sebum production. It also helps keep away acne-causing bacteria, and reduce any redness caused by breakouts.

Max-C
-- My favourite Derma-RX product. This is the one product from Derma-RX that I will highly recommend. You can feel it instantaneously tightens the pores. Max-C helps to brighten the skin tone by targeting premature aging and boosting the skin's immunity. This has become the one skincare product that I cannot live without!

Laneige Water Bank Essence

-- My highly-rated moisturizer, having gone through 3 bottles of this product, and the longest time I have been committed to a face moisturizer. It moisturizes well without any sticky feeling. Great texture and has a nice fresh scent.

Acne Spot Lotion

-- Targeted treatment for pimples, it contains antibiotic. It has a strong sulfuric scent that might be a turn-off for some people. This Acne Spot Lotion works well to treat emerging red pimples and also whitehead pimples. 

Derma-RX Tinted Sunscreen
-- Horrible product that I am still using because I do not want to waste the $ spent. * thumbs down* This is one of the WORST sunscreen that I have ever tried. It creates an oily looking which is very unflattering. The one I have is the old version that has since been discontinued, but I cannot trust Derma-RX's capabilities in formulating sunscreen. 
*** I will recommend going to Dr. Tsu at DRX Clinic for anyone that has long-term skincare issues. Even though going to a dermatologist is pricey, the skincare tips and advice provided by Dr. Tsu has been helpful in keeping my sensitive combination skin in check. On average, I spend about $120-$150 per month on consultations and Derma-RX products.

No comments:

Post a Comment